3.01.2013

Making Up





Here are 3 new "make up" inspired paintings for the show, Transparent Truths at Compound Gallery in Portland, OR.  

This may come as a surprise to those who don't know me, but I love makeup.  I get the same feeling walking into a Sephora that I do in an art supply store.  Believe me I don't pile it on, but I enjoy collecting it. The idea of having it makes me feel like a real live grown-up (which is not how I feel most of the time). My goal for these paintings is to celebrate the idea of enhancing natural beauty and femininity, so I let myself pile on the florals (surprise, surprise).

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the opening of the show, but if you're in Portland, please stop by. The opening is this Thursday, March 7th and also features the work of Michelle Morin, Jeff Proctor, Kevin Wada, Sarah Burwash, Kelly Rae Burns, Bill Dunlap, Nokkasili, Midori Yamada,
  Micca, and Tadashi Ura.  I'm sure it will be wonderful and I'm sorry to miss it. 
 Thank you to Molly Georgetta for inviting me to take part.

To read more about the show, check out Compound's website here.

11 comments:

Cynthia Nicole said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Sarah Romano Diehl said...

Striking and gorgeous!

yelena bryksenkova said...

oh goddd i'm gonna die. these are SO good. it's so fascinating seeing you draw faces. you did a great job, becca!

y.

Ruby Hoppen said...

These are awesome, your colours are so juicy, I love all the sappy greens and watermelon pinks together.

Julianna said...

Oh fantstic, I'd love to see your paintings in person & I live in Portland so I will be there!

Delphine said...

such beautiful drawings!
i love makeup too :)

Alba Domingo Basora said...

Just discovered you through Pinterest and wow, I LOVE your artwork! Great job!

Kaylovesvintage said...

they are amazing ,Ilove your work

Hastypearl said...

Good grief!!!! Where are the wallpaper companies??? Your phone should be ringing off of the hook! You had me at your backgrounds!!!! Love these....Laura

Jucinara said...

Hi!
I am amazed with your colors!
So beautiful :)

alenysh_ka said...

Very beautiful!!!